A digital communications generalist, I bring a wide range of skills to bear on the entire content life-cycle including creation, delivery, management and governance; managing everything from daily site maintenance to content assessment and strategy, social media and community management to site transition. Typical engagements include:
- Served as Content Audit Manager for the food website of a major FMCG retailer, managing the audit process and a six-person, multi-locational team made up of junior content managers and nutritionists.
- Guided major educational non-profit through digital transformation of website, social media and fundraising.
- Conducted in depth research and analysis project for a Fortune 500 company; evaluating information on suitable and high profile speaking events for members of senior management team.
- Developed multi-channel content plans and architecture for international sporting event website.
Further details on these and other projects available upon request.
In 2005, I founded Modern Parlance, a content consultancy that helps clients from a wide range of industries meet their digital content challenges and exceed their communications goals. The publication arm of Modern Parlance – Modern Parlance Press – publishes both fiction and non-fiction e-books including the urban fantasy New York Magician by Jacob Zimmerman and an illustrated edition of Hazlitt’s Characters of Shakespeare’s Plays as well as hosting and maintaining a series of topical blogs: Banburian | Fabulous Foodie | Greater Gotham Going Global | Personal Parlance.
As writer and blogger, I tackle a range of lifestyle topics such as food, travel, property and consumer advice but I’ve written on engineering, career development, and marketing as well. Below is a selection of publication samples. Contact me for more information.
- Food52, contributor – What Shakespeare Has to Do with Anchovies
- Buzzfeed, contributor – 15 Things You Need To Eat In Coventry Right Now
- Banburyshire Info, food and restaurant critic – The Castle at Edgehill | The Inn at Farnborough | Knife & Fork in Bicester
- Fabulous Foodie, blogger – The Myths and Making of Mayonnaise
- Cheapism, guide writer – kitchen appliances such as slow cookers and rice cookers.
- Banburyshire Info, advertorial writer – Benefits of Organic Cosmetics
- British Airways’ The Club, contributor –We think… we could learn a thing or two from American tourists
- The Banburian, blogger – Spring Has Sprung in Banbury
- Greater Gotham: Going Global, blogger: Summer Holiday @ Domaine Des Ormes
- Personal Parlance, blogger: Is Content King … Or Isn’t It?
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), career guide author for Professional Practice Curriculum – Choosing a Path (pdf) |Automotive Engineering (pdf) | Engineering in Consumer Sporting Goods (pdf) |Engineering in the Energy Sector (pdf) |Engineering in the Healthcare Industry (pdf)
- Local History is Awesome, blogger –Banbury’s History of Prudes, Drunkards and Murderers