DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGEMENT: A digital communications generalist, I bring a wide range of skills to bear on the entire content life-cycle including creation, delivery, management and governance; managing everything from daily site maintenance to content assessment and strategy, social media and community management to site transition. Typical engagements include:
- Served as Content Audit Manager for the food website of a major FMCG retailer, managing the audit process and a six-person, multi-locational team made up of junior content managers and nutritionists.
- Guided major educational non-profit through digital transformation of website, social media and fundraising.
- Managing the social media presence for an event and training company which focuses on leadership and communications in big corporations.
MODERN PARLANCE PRESS: The publication arm of Modern Parlance, Modern Parlance Press publishes both fiction and non-fiction e-books ( including the urban fantasy New York Magician by Jacob Zimmerman) and a a series of topical blogs covering food, travel, and topics of local interest.
- The Banburian – exploring Banbury and the surrounding areas. Sample posts include:
You can also keep up with The Banburian over on Twitter.
- Fabulous Foodie – wherein we serve up food and food culture a la carte. Sample posts include:
The Fabulous Foodie Facebook group was a natural offshoot of the blog when it became clear that a lot of people had a lot to say about food. Both the facebook group and blog are supported by the Fabulous Foodie Twitter feed.
- Greater Gotham Going Global – which is what happens when a New Yorker gets turned loose to travel the world. Sample posts include:
MODERN PARLANCE PHOTOS: More on this to come but we have an expanding library of stock imagery soon to be available and our in-house photographer’s work appears in a growing list of regional publications.
FREELANCE WRITER: As freelance writer and blogger, I tackle a range of lifestyle topics such as food, travel, property and consumer advice but I’ve written on engineering, career development, and marketing as well. Below is a selection of samples from beyond the Modern Parlance network. Contact me for more information.
- British Airways – A Guide to Classic NYC Foods
- The Club (BA) – We think… we could learn a thing or two from American tourists
- Food52 – What Shakespeare Has to Do with Anchovies
- Buzzfeed – 15 Things You Need To Eat In Coventry Right Now
- Banburyshire Info
- Cheapism – consumer guides for slow cookers and rice cookers.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), career guide author for Professional Practice Curriculum
- Local History is Awesome – Banbury’s History of Prudes, Drunkards and Murderers